Sunday, December 05, 2010

Google Voice need their school money back

Here I was thinking I could use Google Voice while on the road to call my folks back in Denmark. At $0.02/minute it's the same rate as Vonage which has served me fairly well quality connections over the years. There's even a flat-rate plan now from Vonage at the same quality - VoIP is just a no brainer.

So having been a google voice user for about 6 months I thought hey why not give it a try for cell phone calling. I checked out the rates, "Denmark - other" $0.02 - that "other" means other than cell-phone because cell phone calls are $0.19 - yeah, Denmark is rather crazy when it comes to phone rates.

So $10 should buy me about 100 minutes. Plenty for "howdy dody" talk with my folks. Usually a call doesn't last more than 10 maybe 15 minutes at max.

Well - that wasn't going to happen. After 6 minutes the call was cut off! I checked my balance at Google voice and presto all $10 was gone! That's a rate of $1.66/minute! However, here's what their calculation say:

Billing history
1 - 3

Date Time Type Destination Duration Charge Deposit Balance
12/5/10 1:12 PM Credit Purchase



$10.00 $10.10
12/5/10 1:11 PM Call +4536xxxx 6 minutes $0.10
$10.00

Ehhh - come again Google?? Where did you get the $0.10 from? And how does 6 minutes times $.10 equal $10.00??

There's no customer service number to call of course. Hopefully they'll fix this "wups" soon enough so I can call again and finish up the call.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home